Sunday, June 28, 2009

I now understand why my mother sent me away to camp for the whole summer. The Boy is bored out of his mind and has nothing much to do. Last year wasn't so bad - he had 2 weeks of day camp, plus we took 10 days of vacation, and after that we spent the whole summer at the country club. Now we've put the country club membership on hold, and, although we still belong to a gym with a pool, unless we know that friends will be there, he doesn't want to go. It's not fun for him without other kids.

I'm feeling terrible that I can't send him to his favorite day camp for the whole summer. Hopefully next year I'll be gainfully employed and he can go. Grandma is paying for one week.

I've been letting him play Pirates of the Caribbean online and teaching him how to play blackjack so he can win gold pieces to buy pirate ships. This is not my proudest mothering moment.

0 comments: